The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) provides us with a wonderful environment in which to work, study and learn and has never been so accessible.
Obviously for students to get the best out of the LRC a calm working environment is essential and certain standards of behaviour will be expected from students. Please respect others who wish to make the most of the facilities provided and use the LRC in a sensible and mature way.
LRC OPENING HOURS
MONDAY TO THURSDAY
8.00 AM TO 4.00 PM
8.00 AM TO 3.30 PM
- Students may borrow three items for two weeks at a time.
- Students will need their smart card in order to borrow or renew items.
- Students can access the LRC library software from any college computer by going on the Internet, clicking on ‘favourites’ then clicking on ‘LRC – Learning Resource Centre’. Here students may search the catalogue for books, reserve items and renew things that they have on loan.
WHAT HAVE WE GOT IN THE LRC?
- Approximately 7,500 fiction and non-fiction books
- 48 laptops and 5 desktop computers
- Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities
- Connexions Resource Centre Library
- Newspapers and magazines
- State-of-the-art projection facilities
- Gifted and talented collection
- Selection of staff resources
COMPUTERS AND LAPTOPS
- Computers and/or laptops are available for use from 8.00am until closing time every day.
- During lesson time, computers are for college work only. However, students may access educational games and emails at lunchtime and after college.
DO’S AND DON’TS WHILST USING THE LRC
- Always enter the LRC in a quiet and sensible manner.
- Do not bring food and drinks into the LRC.
- Keep noise to a minimum at all times.
- Try to book in advance for the computers.
- Move around the LRC sensibly.
- Do not use the LRC as a place to sit and chat.
- Remember that the LRC is a place to study.
- In order to avoid accidents, make sure that all bags and coats are out of the way and not left lying around.
- Have all items issued before you leave the LRC.
- Treat any items that you borrow with care.
- Bring any books you have borrowed back on time.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for any help that you need.
Resource Centre Manager – Mrs H Cheetham
Resource Centre Assistant – Mrs D Giove